- The Flavr Blue - Two Shows at Neumos - August 16 - 17
- Creatives Night Out - August 16
- The Auction of Washington Wines - August 16 - 18
- The Lego Americana Roadshow comes to Bellevue Square - Through August 19 (FREE)
- RIP The BlowUp Co! - Farewell party at The Runaway - August 23
- SAM Remix at Olympic Sculpture Park - August 24
- Cirque du Soleil's Volta - shows starting September
MOLLY MOON IS DOIN THE MOST
- Minimoon scoop cups are heading to PCC Community Markets this week! Starting TODAY shoppers will find Salted Caramel, Melted Chocolate and Cookie Dough minimoons in the frozen section of the Fremont, Greenlake Aurora and Redmond PCC locations. Minimoons will continue to roll-out to all PCC stores throughout the rest of August and into September. This is the first product Molly Moon's has made available for grocery!
- Also launching today is Molly Moon’s new coffee flavor in collaboration with the Central District’s Union Coffee, which is owned and operated by Molly’s husband Zack Reinig. To create the new Union Coffee flavor, the Molly Moon’s culinary team makes a concentrated cold brew by using modern profile, naturally-processed beans that are, after steeping for 48 hours, mixed with cream, milk, sugar, and freeze-dried coffee made from Olympia Coffee’s Big Truck organic espresso blend.
- To celebrate the Union Coffee flavor launch, Molly Moon’s and Union Coffee are packaging the “Good Together” blend for home brewers, as well as hosting three pop-ups featuring a Moonshot in the Dark, which is a scoop of Union Coffee ice cream with two shots of espresso poured over the top and then dusted with chocolate sprinkles.
- Molly Moon’s Capitol Hill and Madrona - Saturday, August 18, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Sunday, August 19, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Union Coffee - Wednesday, August 22, from noon to 3 p.m.
- Have you had the lemon-blueberry birthday ice cream with the Hood Famous Bakeshop calamansi cheesecake yet?
- They are also donating all proceeds from the Home Shows Sundae to the Home Fund (to help fight homelessness) - and Pearl Jam is matching dollar for dollar!
- Molly & the team have also put ice cream vending machines in places like Washington State Ferries, Children's Hospital, KEXP, and University Village. Each vending machine gives 1% of its profits to a nonprofit related to its location.
August 16 - 19: Dessert Month at Lil Woody's, this week featuring Low Rider Baking Co. snickerdoodle cookie with scratch-made raspberry filling made from Hayton Farm's raspberries and white chocolate chips
EAT / DRINK
- Rhubarbarella release at Elysian Brewing Capitol Hill - August 17
- Temple Pastries pop-up at Broadcast Coffee - August 18
- Pink Tractor Farm and Vashon Brewing dinner at The Lodges on Vashon - August 19
- La Colombe pop-up at La Marzocco Cafe - through August 20
- Tart Design with Lauren Ko (loko kitchen) at jcoco - August 23
- Maslow's Burgers & Brews expands to every Monday!
- New seasonal flavors at Salt & Straw
- Petit Galerie is now open in Madison Valley
- Patagon & Fog Room are opening soon in The Charter Hotel Seattle!
FUN THINGS TO DO
- Seattle Tattoo Expo - August 17 - 18
- Thrifting Spaces: A National Thrift Shop Day Celebration - August 17
- Les Sapeurs Fashion Show - August 18
- Emerald City Music Summer Cruise & Fundraiser - August 23
- Clem x Salty party at Clementines Seattle - August 23
- Sunday Funday at Chophouse Row - Sundays
- Free summer walking tours from Klondike Gold Rush Museum - Fri, Sat, & Sun 2 - 3p.m.
- Wetland Waddlers at Pacific Science Center - every Saturday
- Microsoft Store STEM Summer Camps
- #BeMoreKindDay - September 7
ARTS / CULTURE
- Porgy & Bess at Seattle Opera - August 11 - 25
- The Summer of Light - Laser Dome Shows at the Pacific Science Center
- Double Exposure: Indigenous Peoples at Seattle Art Museum - through September 9
- Marvel: Universe of Super Heroes at MoPOP - through January 2019
- Native Portraiture at Tacoma Art Museum - through February 2019
- Nirvana: Taking Punk to the Masses re-opens at MoPOP
- A Dragon Lives Here: Bruce Lee Exhibit Part 4 at the Wing Luke Museum
FILM (at Northwest Film Forum unless otherwise noted)
- Nights at the Neptune: moonshine - August 16
- Milford Graves Full Mantis - August 16, 22, 23
- Veracity: Taste of Cement - August 16
- CREW Youth Documentary screening at The Grand Cinema - August 17
- Half the Picture: Gender Disparity in Cinema - August 17 - 19
- 1968: Expressions of a Flame – Vietnam and Modes of Resistance - August 18
- The New Frontier: Screening & Artist Talk w/ Kanani Koster - August 18
HEALTH & FITNESS
- Power to the Peaceful Yoga at Moorea Seal - August 18
- Free Zumba, meditation, and yoga at the Armory at Seattle Center - Tuesdays & Wednesdays
- Treat yourself to a service at Seattle Sun Light Spa and/or Urban Float!
- Come ride at BurnCycle sometime! Your first ride is on me: use code BURNWITHJESS to book your first class!
NEW HOTEL DEAL
The Charter Seattle is now accepting reservations for stays beginning September 1st! In celebration of the hotel’s upcoming opening this summer, guests have the opportunity to set their adventure on a path to one-of-a-kind experiences by booking the special “North Star” package. Starting at $1,049, it includes:
- Accommodations for one night in a sleek one-bedroom suite with sweeping water and mountain views
- Welcome amenity of specialty bites from the nearby Pike Place Market
- Reserved table for two at The Fog Room – an exclusive experience as the lounge typically does not accept reservations
- A bottle of Champagne Louis Roederer Cristal Brut 2009 paired with caviar to enjoy at The Fog Room
- Curated itineraries from well-known Seattleites to experience the city like a local
- Washington Cider Week - September 6 - 16
- Skookum Festival - September 7 - 9
- Cider Summit NW - September 7 - 8
- She Ventures Seattle - September 11
- Hit the Streets Happy Hour Series in Pioneer Square - September 13
- Savory Chocolate Pasta Workshop with Linda Miller Nicholson (Salty Seattle) at jcoco - September 20
- Rainforest Gala & Masquerade Ball - September 20
- Seattle Children's Festival - September 22
- Oktoberfest at Queen Anne Beer Hall - September 29 -30, October 5-6 and October 12-13
- Seattle Interactive Conference - October 17 & 18
- Edouardo Jordan headlines 2018 Taste of America Dinner at the Fairmont Olympic - October 19
- Goodwill Glitter Gala - October 20
- TEDxSeattle - November 17
- Tiny Beautiful Things is coming to life at Seattle Rep! - May 17 - June 23, 2019
*Editor's note: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your event for consideration. All events roundup posts are deleted after six months!