If you've seen any of my Instagram Stories lately, you know I spend a fair amount of my time at BurnCycle Seattle, spinning my lil legs off. I can go on forever about Burn, but I thought it'd be nice to start with my top ten reasons why I love this sweet studio full of the best people:
1. Have you met Jessi Duley & Jen Bunder? Honestly. Can’t miss ‘em. Jen will come up and introduce herself with a giant smile and Jessi is an undeniable vortex of energy. Just being in their presence will uplift your mood and your life - although they are absolute bosses and incredibly inspiring too. I promise you.
2. Speaking of ‘uplift’ - BurnCycle quite literally saved my life last summer. The pop-up rides in Pioneer Square started right after my Spike Baby passed away. My very first BurnCycle rides 100% saved me from the depths of grief-induced depression. Even if the endorphins only lasted a few hours, they were invaluable in helping me get through those terrible first weeks. For this alone, I am forever grateful and indebted.
Sweating the sad away. Since Spike passed, I've been turning to my workouts to help me process my grief. I work out to fill the time I would have chosen to hang out with Spike instead. I work out for the endorphins, that helps me not feel so sad and desperate for Spike (at least for a little while.) I work out because I know that even though I’m sad and grieving, I need to take care of my body. I work out so I can have the energy to smile, even when I don’t want to. I work out because it helps me sleep better. I work out so I make conscious choices about what I eat (and to make sure that I eat instead of floating through the day like a zombie.) We all process grief in our own way; this is mine. More thoughts on the blog in case you're interested. 💖🐶💪🏽✨ #spikebabyforever
3. There are maybe four classes max in one weekday at the studio; two on each weekend day. That means you are bound to see the same people; smile at the same people; ride next to the same people; get to know these same people; and best of all, grow in friendship and strength with these same people. Issa lotta lip service about “community” out there but I have lots of proof that the amazing group of teachers, staff, and riders at this lil studio is the real deal.
Challenge Accepted // Challenge COMPLETED. 🔥🤺🏆 30 Days. 818 times moved. ALL the accomplishments//feels. Did that just happen?! Our Challenge-Crushers just got after those goals in a big way— and BOY are we proud to call this community FAMILY. ❤️ Bring on the rest of 2018, Burn Army! 💪🏼💪🏽💪🏾💪🏿 ••• #BurnMVMT #JanChallenge #ChallengeCompleted #CRUSHEDIT #ThisIsOurPack #SEA
4. The staff is so warm and friendly from the moment you walk through the door. Boutique fitness studios can sometimes be intimidating but there’s none of that here - which is great when you need help adjusting to (or learning how to get off of) your bike!
5. The locker room. It’s exquisite. You have to come see it!
6. The luxurious showers in said locker room. The hot water heater at our place went out last month and I could not have been more grateful for these beautiful showers. Haha!
7. It’s truly hard to choose a favorite teacher! I’m a fan of Danielle, Casey, Tessa, Katy, Daniel, and Jen. I learn a lot from each of them, I learn a lot about myself, my body, and my limits because of them, and I know I am going to get my ass kicked every time I go.
8. Oh and their playlists are always on point and super diverse. Guaranteed dance party every time!
9. Shoe rentals are FREE AF
10. And last but certainly not least, I present to you the dogs of BurnCycle:
‼️PSA‼️ Drop whatever you’re doing because It’s National Love Your Pet Day and we are celebrating with 5 minutes of uninterrupted eye contact with THIS PHOTO... 😍🐶😍🐶😍🐶 (!!!) Happy Tuesday from two of your fave Burn mascots, Potato and Winnie! #nationalloveyourpetday #IMPORTANT #dogsofBURN #thisisourpack #SEA
Want to ride with me sometime (or come check out BurnCycle on your own time?) Use my code BurnwithJess to get your first ride free!