Disclosure: Service provided by Sassoon for review. All opinions are mine!
Sassoon Salon sets the bar for precision hair design. Did you know that you can stop into the 5th Ave. salon (and any Sassoon) and get a blowout? They've got a Blow & Style Bar that gives you a few options for a quick hair refresh - but this isn't your basic blowout & style bar! The Sassoon Blow & Style menu taps into the editorial styling of runway hair with a wide variety of finishes providing customers with wearable hair. I stopped in on my birthday to try out one of their newest style offerings - the Luxe Volume, as seen on the Cushnie et Ochs runway. I left with a side-swept look with mega volume, fullness, and movement.
I asked the Sassoon team to give me some tips on how to make a blowout last even longer. Thank you to Sassoon Seattle's creative director Lisa Baber for these tips!
- Having a good haircut is the most important thing about making your hair function better on a daily basis and even more so with a blowout.
- The right products will be key to making your blowout last longer. The type of style (wavy or straight) determines the best products. These are some of Lisa's favorites:
- Kerastase Kératine Thermique — while hair is wet, this product should be applied to smooth hair and prevent breakage from a blow-dry. This product restores the hair’s inner flexibility without weighing it down.
- Kerastase L'incroyable - is a reshapable heat lotion. Clients who prefer a blowout with waves or curls, this product has heat-sensitive micro wax technology allowing the hair to set and reshape into styles with ease.
- Kerastase Mousse Bouffant — a volumizing mousse that adds fullness to the hair and creates texture with flexible movement.
- Kerastase Laque Noire — a strong hold hairspray with anti-humidity/frizz protection that protects the hair from humidity for up to 48-hours.
Sassoon Seattle is located at 1405 5th Ave., Seattle, WA 98101. Book an appointment by calling 206-623-3685.