Hey Seattle! Want to win a Surface 2? Then meet me at the Microsoft Store in Bellevue Square for the Surface 2 launch event, tonight from 10:00p.m. - midnight!
A year ago almost to the day, I traveled to NYC with Microsoft for the launch of their pop-up store in Times Square along with the launch of their first Surface tablet (Reminisce here!) It's follow-up, the Surface 2, is faster, thinner and lives longer (battery-wise) than its predecessor. The Surface 2 is touted as a powerful laptop packaged neatly in a tablet, and the buzz is already starting around its improvements. I'm excited to check it out tonight, and so pleased to share the fun with you!
I'm hosting a launch event scavenger hunt to give away this Surface 2. This is all going down on the social mediaz, so you MUST do these two things in order for each of your entries to count in the contest:
- Follow us on Twitter: Follow @MicrosoftStore and Follow @JessEstrada
- Include the hashtags #Surface & #FreshSurface
Here are all the different ways you can win:
- Tweet us a Surface selfie! This can be you in line for the launch, in the store with a Surface 2, whatever. Show me you're there!
- See a cool pair of shoes or a smart shirt at the launch event? Tweet us a photo showing some Surface launch event style.
- Tweet a way a new Surface device can help you stay productive.
- Meet someone you don’t know and find something you have in common. Make sure to mention their handle in your tweet!
- Answer this trivia question: How long is the Surface 2’s battery life?
- Check in on FourSquare at the event, and share it to Twitter.
- Share this blog post on Twitter! Tweet #FreshSurface
So how can you do more with the Surface?
Here are some of the key features of the new Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2:
- A 10-hour battery life that keeps you charged throughout the day.
- Ultra lightweight, at less than 1.5 pounds and just 8.9 mm thick.
- A more powerful, always-on processor, so it’s ready to go when you need it.
- Office 2013 RT is pre-installed with touch-optimized versions of Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneNote - so Surface 2 can go from plaything to workhorse right out of the box.
- The Docking Station for Surface Pro delivers the power you need so you’re ready to go at a moment’s notice. Charge your Surface Pro and a cell phone, and run your external hard drive while making a Skype call on your USB headset, and you’ll still have plenty of power to work with.
- Whether you’re a business executive needing to power through important business or a student looking for the ultimate portable device to tote around campus, there’s a storage option to fit your needs.
What's happening at the launch event, you ask? Well...
- There'll be a DJ, food & beverages and swag giveaways (hats, tees, gift cards, etc.) throughout the night;
- Microsoft Store will also be hosting a series of challenges for a chance to win a trip to the Orlando store opening, complete with a live performance by Pitbull.
- The winner will be whisked away the following morning (10/22) for VIP treatment at the event, including a meet and greet with Pitbull.
- Seattle Seahawks' All-Pro Cornerback Richard Sherman will be also be in attendance to meet and mingle with fans. He’ll also be giving out autographed photos to the first 150 guests at the event!
RSVP on Facebook. Good luck!
This is a sponsored post, though all opinions and editorial direction are my own.