Happy new year! Hope you had a fun night full of laughter and loved ones!
Now that my theme is set, goals mapped and vision board made, I thought I'd share some of my own resolutions. Some of these I carry with me from year to year. Others are testaments to my theme of simplifying. Still others speak to my goals of being more organized as well as being more connected - but in the old-school, offline, "Hey, I was thinking of you" kinda way.
Like to hear it? Here it goes:
- Work out every day
- Drink 2-3L of water every day
- Drink a green smoothie every day
- Write & send one thank you card a week. I've already gotten a head start on this and I know it'll be more like 'at least' one a week!
- Tell people how I feel about them. If I've been thinking about them. How I'm grateful for them. Being straight up when they ask for honesty.
- Respond to five emails in all of my inboxes every day. I am awful at getting through emails - for this blog, mostly - but in my quest to be better at saying 'no' to the wrong things and 'yes' to the right, I'm adding this fuel to the fire to answer them quickly rather than letting them stew in my mind. No more mountains out of mole hills!
- Jot down three things I'm grateful for, daily. My friend Madeline has been doing this for awhile and filled up a jar full of things she's thankful for. I think I'll keep mine in my planner.
- Read one book a month.
- Find the perfect black eyeliner.
- Learn how to do a proper crow pose & handstand. I always chicken out! All in my head, right?
- Read up on being a better conversationalist. I feel like I've regressed in this since my chamber of commerce days and I want to improve those skills again. We can all learn how to not be so awkward in conversation, right?
- Follow more positive and uplifting people on social media. Less negative and self-deprecating.
Do you have any new year's resolutions? I'd love to hear them in a comment below!
Happy first day of 2015!