WWDMAGIC is like one giant closet full of amazing gems, and us bloggers had a ball of a time trying on our fave finds and getting to know some of the designers and faces behind the showcasing brands. It was so hard to pare down my personal favorites, and some I didn't even get photos of! Nevertheless, here are some of the freshest finds (in my eyes) on this season's WWDMAGIC show floor:
1) Dakota Collective by B.B. Dakota: I'm already a big fan of Jack and the general B.B. Dakota collections, so when I got a look at the denim-inspired spring collection for Dakota Collective, I was enamored. This top though! I'm a big fan of basics, and Dakota Collective had a stellar lineup of leather jackets, denim, leggings and basic tees in shapes both classic and re-defined for the modern chick.
2) Trashy Diva: I mean, look at this setup right here. What's not to love about Trashy Diva? They live and breathe retro through their timeless dresses and separates. Everything I saw in the booth was so lady-like yet so sexy at the same time; I especially fell in love with the French Quarter print a-line full skirt. Mallory, a.k.a. Miss Malaprop and team were total sweethearts and all smiles throughout the show.
3) JOA - A clear favorite among the WWDMAGIC blogger team, JOA had all separates in every trend, fabric and style you could imagine. I saw a lot of matching textured pieces across the show floor, but this one incorporated the nude/neon dichotomy perfectly.
4) Flying Tomato gets props for its insanely beautiful booth alone. Well, that and its abundance of ethereal, summery maxi dresses.
5) Free People is absolutely owning that boho niche, and these upcoming seasons they've got some printed jumpsuits and fitted overalls to add to your (my) wardrobe.
6) LUSH Clothing: I'm already a big fan of Lush but I had to include this incredible nude leather skirt with the intricate pattern stitch detail. There's a lot of the asymmetrical leather skirt trend going on this fall; with black tights and a pair of over-the-knee boots, this skirt could be the star of the show. Here's a similar one in black & white laser cut print.
7) Darling: I will never tire of these feminine dress shapes, especially with this neckline and shoulder cut. I loved Darling's booth filled with these sweet dresses and separates, along with fun accessories and trinkets.
8) C. Luce: While I am not normally one for something so girly, I couldn't walk past this brocade/feather number without doing a double take. The feather skirt with black fringe is just so perfect agains the leaf brocade print, and again I love that neckline.
9) BCBGeneration: If the 90s are making a comeback this upcoming season, then BCBGeneration is leading the charge. The BCBGeneration booth was dripping with plaid and other grungy 90s-ness alongside new classic pieces like the leather cut-out dress with pink tulle bottom (like the one I'm modeling in the second pic!) They also had the SkyBox decked out like a 90s teenage girl's bedroom, complete with a daybed, inflatable furniture, Date Line phone, Clueless quotes adorning the walls and in the VHS. The bloggers and other booth guests could hang up in the SkyBox and enjoy nail wrap treatments, blowouts, help ourselves to the candy bar and get affirmation bracelets made. So rad!
There's something special about watching an independent designer realize their dreams. It was such a treat to spend some time with Seattle native Bri Seeley and meet Courtney Allegra, while perusing some of their latest collections. Two ladies with totally different styles but equally bad ass. Watch out for them!