What are some of your favorite blogs or sites to subscribe to?
Photo credit Emily Shearing for The Spoiled Life
I posed this question to my Facebook and Twitter friends last night in hopes of discovering new blogs or sites to add to my Feedly subscriptions. When Google Reader phased out, I got rid of a lot of the sites I'd saved in my move to a new RSS reader. My friends recommended a diversity of their preferred online haunts, very heavy in food for some reason but also covering lifestyle, inspiration, music and fashion. I'm going through them this morning to see if there are any new favorites out there waiting for me.
I thought this was a good time to also share what I try to read on a regular basis. On my never-ending quest to spend my time more wisely (i.e. not mindlessly scrolling through social media), I've made it a priority to organize my Pocket and Feedly and visit both collections on a daily basis. Here's a mix of my recommendations:
- Nieman Journalism Lab: The Nieman Foundation at Harvard started the Journalism Lab to help good journalists find their place in the Internet age. If you like Harvard Business Review, this might be interesting to you!
- Bullett Media: A fairly new online hub complimenting the quarterly print magazine, covering art, fashion and pop culture.
- Sincerely, Jules: I adore Julie Sariñana. If perfect style is a thing, Jules embodies it. She can wear anything so effortlessly, and so convincingly I'm sure I've clicked on every one of her rewardStyle links.
- The Daily Love: I subscribed to Mastin Kipp's daily email on thoughtful inspiration at least five years ago, and it's been amazing watching his growth both personally and professionally. His daily emails are a mix of inspirational quotes and vulnerable reflections from his own life and in his relationships with others. Great for those who are into quick reads, quotes and setting intentions!
- Medium Editors' Picks: Anyone and everyone can contribute to Medium, which makes it a really varied bag of topics and writing styles. It can be really overwhelming, so I usually stick to the Editors' Picks.
- LEAF TV: Short video vignettes on living, eating and fashion from another one of my most favorite fashion bloggers, Geri Hirsch and co-founder Erin Falconer.
- The Coveteur: Where I get a lot of my fashion and fashion lifestyle news. Love the clean, glossy aesthetic and fonts!
- Fast Company: Another aesthetically-pleasing read, except focused on business and entrepreneurism.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: Articles on blogging, for bloggers, by bloggers. I also happen to contribute every Wednesday to it, and am a fan of IFB co-founder Jennine as well as the other contributors!
- Man Repeller: I never read TMR before, but after seeing Leandra Medine speak several times then reading her book, Seeking Love, Finding Overalls, I've found her hard to resist. She's so funny and eloquent. TMR now has a few contributors who are equally hilarious and smart as she is.
- Greatist: Awesome health & fitness site updated several times a day with workout suggestions, recipe ideas and general health & fitness tips, apps and hacks.
- Seahawks: Because GO HAWKS!
- Necole Bitchie: Because a girl needs her gossip reads and this is really the only one I can handle on a regular basis. Also, Necole is gorgeous!
I'd love your recommendations in a comment below as well!