The World of WearableArt opens at EMP Museum this weekend!
The city told us there wasn't enough land for new dog parks... but now they are trying to sell over 13 acres of public land to a private developer. COLA (Coalition for Off-Leash Areas) is working with the Seattle Green Spaces Coalition to pack the room at tonight's public hearing. More details at the Seattle Green Spaces Coalition.
POSSIBLE is hosting this cool lecture by Shirley Hendrickson of Hum Creative on "How to Be an Email Feminist." It's free, and it's tonight!
UberEATS has expanded to West Seattle, and is now offering free delivery on orders over $20! Get $20 off your first UberEATS order when you use my code: eats-uberFRESHJESS Download the app to place your order: ubr.to/ordereats
Have questions or curiosities about Lyme disease? Dr. Dietrich Klinghardt, founder of the Sophia Health Institute is Demystifying Lyme Disease in a free talk on June 30th at Town Hall.
The Northwest Design Awards submissions are open through July 1st! Apply here.
Hood Famous Bakeshop's having a pop-up this Saturday at The Station in Beacon Hill.
Dayshift, an outdoor dance party, happens Sunday 3:00 - 10:00p.m. at Bar Ciudad in Georgetown.
Westward's having a Summer Sauna Party 4:00 - 10:00p.m. this Sunday.
In Seafair things to do, the Lake Union Wooden Boat Festival kicks off July 2nd; the Burien Independence Day Parade is from 3:00 - 5:00p.m. on July 4th, and the big Seafair Summer Fourth at Gas Works Park kicks off at noon, with musical performances from Grace Love, Hey Marseilles and more; All-American Games; and fireworks starting at 10:20p.m.
The Sky View Observatory has extended hours for July 4th. Space is limited but the view is worth it!
Fearful to Fit Girl is doing a free, four-day challenge to get your body right next week, July 5 - 8!
Eat Seattle and Bella Sangar Cooks have teamed up to give back to the community through a July 6 free, skills-based workshop for families in financial need. These workshops will take place in the Atrium Kitchen at the world-famous Pike Place Market, and aim to offer families tips on how to shop inexpensively for healthy foods as well as how to prep and cook nutritious and affordable meals for their family.
- South Lake Union Saturday Market
- Graphic Masters at SAM
- Mood Indigo: Textiles from Around the World at Seattle Asian Art Museum
- Pike Place Market Wednesday Evening Market
- Star Trek: Exploring New Worlds at EMP
- The Art of the Brick at Pacific Science Center
- The patios at Tarsan I Jane and Ernest Loves Agnes are now open for the season, in case you need outdoor dining options.
- Mamnoon is now serving weekend brunch!
- Summer at SAM - July 7 - August 27
- SAM Films presents Cary Grant for President 35mm film showings - July 7 - August 11
- BRAVO! Seattle Opera kickoff party - July 9
- PROOF Washington - July 9
- Capitol Hill Block Party - July 22 - 24
- Seattle Art Fair - August 4 - 7
- Bumbershoot - September 2 - 4
- Bellevue Fashion Week - September 21 - 25
- Seattle Fashion Week - October 13 - 19
- Goodwill Glitter Gala - October 15
- Wine, Women & Shoes - November 10